Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Recipes

Well I've tempted you all with these pictures and as Timpani says, I might as well post the recipes if I am going to tempt you so here you go.
Chocolate covered Oreos
These are so easy to make. All I do is buy a package of Oreos and then melt a couple packages of chocolate chips (I use milk chocolate) then dip the Oreos in the chocolate. Then I usually crush candy canes and put them on top. This time I put some Andes baking chips on some of them. They do take a long time to set up though but they are well worth the wait. I wish I had used the new candy cane Oreos in place of regular because I think that
would taste super!
Cream cheese cookies
These are pretty easy too. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine 2.5 cups flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a bowl. In a separate bowl mix 1 cup butter, 3 ounces cream cheese, and 1 cup of sugar. Then beat in 1 tablespoon of milk and then gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Plop spoonfuls down onto non greased cookie sheet. Put a chocolate chip in the center and bake for 12 minutes-NO LONGER even if you don't think they are cooked. They won't turn brown unless they are over cooked.

1 comment:

Russell and Ashley Forrest said...

The description of the cream cheese cookies sounds very familiar. Did they turn out for you?