Friday, January 23, 2009

A Tale

Here's a tale you may not have heard although probably experienced things quite similar to. Our story begins on a Friday morning. This morning to be exact. I was off work so I decided to sleep in even though I woke up early I forced myself to fall back asleep mostly because I'm tired of waking up early. So after I woke up I decided I'd better get started on the laundry. I've been putting it off for quite some time so I have easily 3 or 4 loads of laundry. Needless to say we were about out of clothes. So I started the first load of laundry and after it filled with water the washer stopped. This is not unusual for my washer actually. We got it from a couple at church over 2 years ago. They were buying a new one so they gave us their old one. We have been very grateful to have one but the moral is it is an old washer so sometimes it just stops working. Very irritating. I have to keep turning the knob around and around and trying to start it again. This time it wouldn't start for at least 10 minutes. Grr.... So now the second part of the story begins but we have to go back in time a bit. (as a bit of a sidenote I can hear the washer knocking loudly) We have a leak in our plumbing somewhere. For the last few months our water bill was about $170. Unacceptable. However, it's going to cost a pretty penny to get it fixed. So Jason finally called the plumber who said he could come out early next week. So back to today, here I am sitting in the recliner watching an episode of Dr. Quinn while I am waiting for the laundry to hopefully be washing and there is a knock at the door. Dang it. So I have to go answer the door and it was the plumber who wanted to look for the leak which he said he could hear on the far side of the house. So he is going to come back next week to fix it but it will be a 2 man job so you know what that will mean.......more money. Besides that underneath the house is completly flooded. There goes our savings I'm sure....or at least a good portion of it. Now the really fun part of the story is what I looked like when I answered the door and talked to the plumber. So because we didn't have clean laundry I was sitting here looking so lovely. I hadn't taken a shower yet, no makeup (it gets better), I'm wearing a pair of yoga type sweat pants that only look good on a model which (and don't let this shock you) I'm not. I've also got on this huge oversized sweatshirt and well my bras are in the washing machine. :) Oh, yes. Fun times.

2 comments:

lizS said...

that's just awesome!! (heavy sarcasm) plumbers are the worst at rooking you of all your worldly assets too. but the part i loved the best was what you looked like when you answered the door. priceless!! who hasn't had one of those moments? unfortunetly, i've had way more than my share. comes from being a slob maybe...

Josh and Jennifer Norman said...

That's funny about the way you were dressed. My visiting teachers like to just stop by (unannouced) around 9 or 9:30 at night. Usually after 9, I am braless. So they ALWAYS catch me with out one on! Very embarrasing! Maybe I should just wear it 24/7 and then they will never come.... hmmmm, Good Idea :)