Sunday, July 1, 2012

Cardinal game

Okay before I just give up and never post about our Cardinal game I figured I better just do it. So my sister-in-law Liz gave us Cardinal tickets for my birthday. I love the Cardinals. Let me say that again...I love the Cardinals. :) So on June 16th we headed to St. Louis. Another of my sister-in-law's Serena and her husband Kyle were our babysitters for the day. Thanks guys. Serena was due 6 days later so we are grateful she held off. :)

 We took the metro which I had never done. It's longer but you don't have to make your way through St. Louis traffic and you don't have to pay for parking which was $20 the last time we went to a game.  I snapped a picture of the arch as we crossed the river.


 Busch Stadium


Waiting for the game to start. It was a sunny day and SO hot. 94 degrees....although now I'm glad it wasn't 106 like it has been lately.


Liz got us awesome seats. I have never sat so low. I was a little worried that a foul ball would smack me in the face but it was fine. :) We were closer to the field then the pictures look.


I zoomed in and got a picture of Matt Holliday out there in the field but unfortunatly it's on my regular camera which....yeah...has no cable.


It was an awesome game. 4 hours long. We were grateful to find a water fountain to refill our water bottles because we had to stay hydrated but we were not about to pay $5.25 for a 16 oz bottle of water. Crazy.


Somewhere around the 5th inning we took a break and went inside to get out of the sun. It was brutal out there. We were so sweaty. At one point we stood up to cheer and the seat of Jason's pants were soaked with sweat. I asked him how in the world they got like that and then we realized mine were just as bad. So hot. At one point in the game Jason took a few pieces of ice (we went to a stand to try and buy cups of ice and he gave it to us free - yay) and put them in his hat and then tried to whip his hat onto his head. The ice flew out of his hat and into the lap of the guy behind us. So hilarious. We apologized but the guy just said, "It doesn't feel to bad." :)
I seriously don't know how so many of those girls at the game didn't look all sweaty and their hair still looked perfect. I was dripping in sweat and my hair was plastered to my head.


Fred bird....yeah I realize you can't really see him well so it's looks pretty much like I took a picture of the beer vendor. :)


I told Jason he should have worn sunscreen. Do you see where his bandaid was?


Back home with my boy and I did wear sunscreen and even reapplied. Good thing too or I'd have been lobster red.

Oh we sat next to this lady that was so funny. She was a bit eccentric and made us laugh. She even brought cheese slices to eat.

It was so much fun and I wish we could go again. Actually our friends invited us to go with them in a week and I really wanted to go but unfortunatly tickets aren't free.......now that would be awesome!


We won 10-7......apparantly the couple in front of us thought it was romantic. :)

1 comment:

Mom said...

I love Cardinal games but we haven't been to one in a long time. They just cost too much. One day maybe we will just bite the bullet and go anyway. It looks like you had a really good time.