Saturday, August 16, 2008

Tennessee

Jason and I went to Gatlinburg, TN for our anniversary. We went to the Ripley's Aquarium. That place is so awesome. This blog is going to be full of pictures and there are still so many things I'm not putting on here because a blog can only be so long. If you've never been here it is well worth the trip. It's just so cool.

Here is Jason trying to touch a sting ray... or is it a manta ray? Or are they the same thing? I really have no idea. Perhaps I'd better look it up. I can't find the answer. The website just says a ray. Helpful? Not so much. :)Here I am touching a horseshoe crab. This was a t-shirt in the gift shop. I wish we had bought it because it's just so funny.

Here is a shark. This was a really awesome part of the aquarium. You get on this moving sidewalk and it takes you through the shark lagoon. The sharks and fish are swimming on both sides of you as well as above you.......thank goodness for thick glass.
I don't know if you can see this little guy but if you look inside that little cave on the left you can see a little fish. It was just so funny because it looked like he was hiding from the sharks.....come to think of it, he probably was. :)
Here is a sea turtle which I just love. They are so cool.
Oooh Baracuda


This is the Old Mill. The building in the back is actually a restaurant. We were going to eat there but the wait was too long. It's pretty though.

Jason and I want to go back someday when we have more time and more money. There are so many things to do in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. We also went on the sky lift that takes you up the mountain. So yeah, I recommend going there someday if these things are at all interesting to you. It's awesome.

3 comments:

timpani76 said...

Great pics! I especially like one of the Old Mill. It looks like it should be in a calendar ;)

Anonymous said...

I believe I read that sting rays and manta rays are the same thing. I loved Gatlinburg!!!

Natasha and Jesse said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun. Hopefully I can go someday. Happy belated anniversary!