Sunday, October 12, 2008

Up to date

I'm going to try to bring you up to date here. First off we closed on our house the 25th of September.
This is a teaser picture because I'm not going to post any pictures until we get the house fixed up a little bit more so I can put some before and after pictures. The next week and a half we spent cleaning the house and painting all the rooms in the house. Well, almost all the rooms in the house. We still have a few to go. Then we moved in. It was a rainy day and actually a weekday so we didn't have much help until the evening. We still actually don't have everything in the house. It's frustrating but I am juggling all this while working full time and going to school full time. I guess I can also add my church calling in there. I'm the 2nd councelor in the Young Women's. That takes a lot of time and work. Needless to say I'm way past my breaking point. Especially since I have a new class starting tomorrow and it's accelerated so everything is going to go twice as fast. If I make it until December without having a complete breakdown then it will be a miracle. I use the word complete in there because I keep having baby breakdowns. :) Stressful times. Yikes
I guess here is one picture of the house but it doesn't count much because all you see is the wall and part of the floor. :) This is my nephew Zach. He and my sister Amy came down one day and helped me pick out some paint colors and paint the living room. Zach wanted to paint so I set him to work in the kitchen where there is no carpet. Good plan I think. I thought I had taken a picture of the wall after he finished painting because it was adorable but I guess I didn't. The color was on the wall in various little spots. To his credit though the kitchen paint was the same color as the existing paint so it was hard to see where you had put paint. It did dry a little darker but my goodness, trying to paint that kitchen later was one of the biggest pains in our painting days. I now feel as though I'm never painting another wall again as long as I live.....although that's not true because we aren't even done. :)

We have several trees in our yard and it's one of Jason's favorite things. This is a picture of Jason and my father-in-law Terry climbing one of the trees. While climbing down Terry said something to Jason (I don't know what) and Jason said, "I've watched Jurassic Park". It cracked me up big time. He was making a joke about the part in the movie when they are climbing down that big tree really fast. It would probably be funnier to you if I knew exactly what was said. For now you'll just have to trust me that it was funny.

My mom, dad, and brother Aaron came to spend the night in our new house on Friday night. Mom and Dad were going to a dulcimer festival. It was fun to have them there even if they couldn't be there very long. Jason and I drove to Edwardsville last night for our nephew Dustan's Eagle Scout award ceremony. I'm really proud of Dustan. It's wierd that I have a nephew who isn't a "child" anymore. We had to run out right before it was over so Jason would get home in time for work (we just made it). It was a good time. (Karen - did you notice how I plagerized your words?) Good times. It was great to see family even if it was for way too short of a time. I sure miss everyone.

Well I think that's about all the happenings from the world of Beasley. I've got a doctor's appointment on Tuesday. I guess that's something. Fun times. :)

4 comments:

lizS said...

oh man! that's alot of work. john and i have never done the painting thing due to pregnancy and just plain kids the second time. oh, and i was ill too. i can't imagine doing it and working and going to school!! you animal!

timpani76 said...

It's better to get the paining all out of the way at once, and you are doing a great job!

Becky said...

Congratulations!! You own a house! You are totally and adult now! I mean really! That is so adult of you! I can't wait to see the before and after pictures!

Natasha and Jesse said...

Ohh, so exciting!! I'm looking forward to pictures of the house.